Repairs and maintenance
Here you will find useful details on how to report a repair at your Abbeyfield Scotland house.
How to report a repair during normal office hours (9am – 5pm):
- Call 0131 240 2932
- Email email@example.com
- Write to: Abbeyfield Scotland Ltd, 14 New Mart Road, Edinburgh, EH14 1RL.
- Speak to a member of house staff.
Outside of office hours:
- Call Hanover Telecare on 0345 604 4686
Emergency telephone numbers:
- Gas emergency – 0800 111 999
- Power cuts – 105
- Scottish Water – 0800 0778 778
Right to repair
The Housing (Scotland) Act 2001 gives you the right for certain repairs to be carried out within a given timescale.
We will tell you when a repair falls in the Right to Repair category. If we do not carry out the repair within the timescale, you may be entitled to compensation.
A Scottish Government leaflet called Right to Repair explains the scheme.